Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Lord of All---Sunday September 7th, 2014

Well, this past Sunday's passage and the sermon I preached made me a bit emotional. There is something about the overwhelming sense of love I know and feel from God when I sit back and truly realize that Jesus Christ came to this world to love, live, and die for us. Like Peter, I don't quite grasp this unless I experience it, which he hadn't yet when Jesus told him he had to suffer for the first time. I experienced God's loving grace and the invitation to take up my cross and follow Jesus the past week that led up to that sermon. I found my soul once more.

This next month, I'll be preaching a series called "Love of God, Love of All." You may think of this as a follow up series, one that will explore what loving God means for our lives. It means that we try to love ALL people, because GUESS WHAT? God loves everyone, and sent Jesus for everyone. God is here for everyone, and wants to save, reach, and have a relationship with everyone. That means you, me, that neighbor you can't stand, your stubborn co-worker, that someone that "just doesn't get it," that person who just keeps making mistakes, the wealthy, the poor, the outcast, the popular, the lost, the forgotten, the accepted, the spoiled....ALL PEOPLE.

This was what my last sermon was about, and we will be taking a closer look at this topic through this month. This Sunday's passage is Romans 10: 5-15. The key verses for me right now in this passage is "there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, because the same Lord is Lord of all, who gives richly to all who call on him. All who call on the Lord's name will be saved."

I'll see you all on Sunday, where we will  worship the Christ, the son of the living God, because he is Lord of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment